Senior Backend Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Berlin, Fulltime | immediately
What iomoto does:
iomoto (member of the ZF family) strives for a fully transactional and connected world for commercial vehicles. We consider vehicles as active parts of an IoT ecosystem for connected services and infrastructure. Our solution is a cloud-based ‘Mobility Transaction Platform’. Vehicles and Drivers of Commercial fleets can conveniently interact with physical infrastructure and consume mobility-related services like Fuelling, Parking etc. Our platform aims to provide in-depth operational intelligence for increasing efficiency while lowering the carbon footprint.
We are passionate and truly excited about building great products that maximize customer experience and value. Therefore we are looking for a ‘Senior Backend Engineer’ who shares the same passion.
What you will be responsible for:
- Actively shape the development and architecture of the iomoto platform; and implement new use cases.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, highly available, and performant applications
- Identify and address bottlenecks, implement critical parts of software.
- Develop and apply algorithms that provide pragmatic solutions to business problems.
- Develop and implement testing strategies to drive code quality.
- Take part in every step of development: designing, implementing, code reviewing, BDD testing, deploying, monitoring and performing instrumentation.
- Participate actively in technical discussions and presentations with other engineers in your team and others working with our partners.
- Take end-to-end ownership of your solution from design to release.
Who we think fits best for this position:
- Minimum five years of professional experience in software development.
- Solid experience in object oriented programming with Java 8+. Advanced knowledge in Spring (primarily), Quarkus or similar frameworks.
- Solid experience in designing, maintaining and improving Event-driven, Reactive and secure microservices.
- Solid experience with relational as well as NoSQL databases and data modelling.
- Solid experience with Container Technologies, CI/CD Pipelines, Kubernetes, Cloud Infrastructure (preferably Azure) and operations in general.
- Good understanding of resilience patterns and experience with building distributed systems at scale.
- Good analytical skills combined with a comprehensive understanding of development processes, code quality and a hands-on approach.
- Structured and Communicative working style with good team and mentoring skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- German (B1) is a plus
Please upload your documents here: